3 November 2021
From October 23 to November 10, 2021, Eurasian National University named after L.N.Gumilyov together with the Faculty of Social Work and Health of the University of Frankfurt
The competition is announced for participation in the international project «SOLID - Social work and strengthening of NGOs in development cooperation to treat drug addiction» funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The project implementation period 2020-2024.
The aim of the project is the participation of 3 doctoral and 1 post-doctoral students in the field of social sciences (social work, sociology, psychology), health care, psychotherapy, drug addiction and one post-doctoral student with a monthly scholarship.
Main tasks within the project:
· to support the SOLID project scientific coordinator at the university/institute (country) in coordinating the project with contact persons in the project partner countries (Germany, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan);
· Review of the training of social workers in Central Asia and China in cooperation with local teachers at partner universities;
· Monitoring of the scientific inventory of the role and importance of social work in the prevention of infectious diseases related to drugs and drug addiction treatment in the participating countries, and its scientific analysis;
· Organization, coordination, and contribution to comprehensive research between all 6 partner universities;
· to develop future necessary responses to the identified problems and study their chances of implementation, taking into account cultural, political, and legal conditions;
· Administrative and scientific support for the organization of Ph.D. internships, as well as the organization of seminars related to projects in local institutions and partner countries;
· Scientific writing (publications, dissemination of results).
Completed doctorate in social sciences/social work or related subject areas (e.g. Psychology, Social Medicine) and significant work experience in public health, drug policy, or medicine, as well as extensive experience in managing international programs. Residents of other cities of the Republic of Kazakhstan are also allowed to participate in the project, but moving within the country is not covered by this project.
- Resume in Europass format
- 2 letters of recommendation from employers
- Essay justification for 1 page in abstract form
- Justification, theses points for:
1) opioid treatment (AOT) and social assistance in 5 partner countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan)
2) AOT in freedom and prisons / penitentiaries;
3) the role of NGOs in the field of therapy, harm reduction;
4) Social work with drug users in the penitentiary system;
5) families, children of parents who use drugs-interventions and support;
6) poverty and disorders, behavioral, etc. from the use of psychoactive substances
7) migration, poverty and use of narcotic substances;
8) knowledge of drugs, HIV / AIDS, hepatitis B and C.
9) development of drug treatment services: philosophy, interventions, final results;
10) role/history of social work.
According to the proposed structure and video recording for viewing and familiarization by all members of the commission (duration no more than 20 minutes)
Outline. Project proposal structure by SOLID project
State of the art/literature review
Purpose of the study
Expecting results of the study for Social work development in KZ
For a more detailed acquaintance with the SOLID project, you can follow the following link https://solid-exceed.org/
The deadline for submitting documents for participation in the competition is November 10 , 2021.
For more information, for more information, contact the scientific coordinator of the project on behalf of ENU named after L.N. Gumilyov, Dinara Yessimova, Ph.D. in Social Work , Acting Associate Professor.
E-mail: email@example.com, phone: +7 7779514320